Big Data & Analytics Actualization for Senior Executives
25 Jul & 4 Aug, Tue & Fri, 9:30a.m. - 5:30p.m. (Course Code: SCBD0725)
Location: Day 1 at HKPC, Kowloon Tong / Day 2 at Data Studio @ Science Park
AM: Data Analytics & Strategies
- Fundamental concepts of “Big Data”
- Business Intelligence VS Advanced Data Analytics
- Formulation of a Big Data Strategy
- Define a correct Big Data question
- Objective-setting for Data Analysis
PM: Predictive Modelling
- 3 Most Popular Prediction Models for Business
- What is a Good Prediction Model?
- Accuracy Measurement of Prediction Models
- How to set KPI for a Big Data project?
- In-house Data Analytics Team VS Outsourcing
AM: Next Wave of Data Source
- Case Studies: Big Data Application in Business & Society
- Open Data Revolution
- Key trends of Data Source you should not miss
- Open Data Comparisons by Cities
PM: Visual Analytics
- Application & Best Practice of Visual Analytics in Business
- Comparison between Visualization Tools: Tableau, QlikView, MS Power BI
- Drive insights from Visualization into Action
- Introduction to the Data Studio & Data Portal
- Workshop: How to solve a business problem with Big Data?
Senior executives, directors, general managers, department heads or unit managers
- The course will be conducted in Cantonese with course materials in English
- A certificate will be presented to the students with 100% attendance rate
- 1-hour business consultation will be provided to each company for free.
Enquiry: email to email@example.com or call +852 3188 7401
Supporting Organizer: Data Studio@ Hong Kong Science Park
Ivan Ng is one of the earliest certified big data experts in Hong Kong, who has successfully introduced many well-structured big data training sessions since 2012. He has delivered 50+ big data related trainings for over 1,000 participants in the past years. Participants include OGCIO, Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Education Bureau, AXA Insurance, Fedex Express, HP, HKPC, etc. Being the founder of Lively Impact and the Non-Executive Technology Director of Radica Systems, Ivan has huge experience in helping clients from process design, prediction model implementation, to performance evaluation in data analytics projects across different industries.
Francis Kwok is the Founder and CEO of Radica Systems Limited. Francis is responsible for strategic direction, business development and investor relations of the company. Under his leadership, Radica has become top big data solution provider with sales operations in Hong Kong and Greater China and became the winner of Marketing Magazine's Agency of the Year 2014 Gold Award (Direct Marketing Agency). Mr. Kwok is a Chief Designer of Data Studio at Hong Kong Science Park. Being a veteran in the industry, Francis is a regular author and guest speaker on big data topics, including commercial, governmental and academic sectors. Mr. Francis Kwok is also a Member of Lantau Development Advisory Committee and Commission on Strategic Development of Hong Kong SAR Government.
Dickson Kwong has been working as a Senior Data Scientist in Information Technology and Utilities sectors since graduating with a BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science from Washington University. He has over 7 years of experience developing dashboard with Tableau, having crafted over a dozen executive dashboards and over 30 operational dashboards. Dickson’s expertise lies in surfacing valuable patterns from datasets and visualizing them for impact. With a Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate and Tableau Server 10 Qualified Associate, Dickson is one of the most qualified Tableau consultants in Hong Kong.